We have been manufacturing and supplying Branding Irons for over a century. Hewco Custom hand-held electric, flame heated, drill press mounted or propane powered Branding Irons with solid brass heads designed to permanently mark into any variety of wood, leather, plastic, rubber, foam and other items.
Stainless steel and aluminum branding heads are also available for marking food items such as buns, cakes and steaks.
We have powerful units which will operate continuously in production environments as well as units better suited for businesses, individuals and hobbyists.
Our branding irons have been purchased for use in Industry, Manufacturing, Railroads, Tourism and other Organizations, Breweries and Wineries, Restaurants and Bakeries, Golf Courses and various Woodcraft and Woodwork shops all over British Columbia, Canada and the United States of America.
Please take a moment to read the 5 questions below… which need to be considered in order for us to determine the right branding iron for your particular application.
When you’re ready to place an order or if you require additional information on Branding Irons, contact our Forestry & Industrial Marking representative, Jeffery Mahe directly at 604-727-0707, in the office at 604-294-6288 or by email to email@example.com
You can also hit the request a quote button below to start the process of receiving your quotation for a custom branding iron.
1. Do you require text only, a logo only or a combination of both to be on your branding iron? In most cases we can reproduce your customer supplied graphics provided that the details are not too small or too fine. We will let you know and offer alterations if necessary for your approval. When you submit a graphic please ensure that it is in black and white if possible and is the highest quality and resolution you have available. If you only have a doodle on a napkin or just the idea in your head of what you want then please send us or tell us what you have and we will start from there to help offer design ideas for you. (We do not charge for design or for proofs)
2. What is the size of the branding image you want? (Please let us know if the width or the height is the critical size dimension to fit the brand onto your product).
3. What are you branding? The material you are branding should ideally be smooth and flat without any raised grain to achieve the perfect fine detail mark. This is less important with large chunky images with less detail. The material you are branding should also be unfinished without paint, stain or lacquer. If you’re not sure, please let us know so we can discuss this with you!
4. Approximately how many brands per hour are you intending to accomplish with this branding iron?
5. Do you need a flame heated or powered branding iron? If you’re not sure please let us know so we can discuss options with you!
HEWCO HAND HELD ELECTRIC
We stock a variety of 120 volts AC hand held electrical branding irons from 75 to 1000 watts in power for branding images up to 24 square inches. We will match your requested branding head size to the correct power unit to compliment your intended use. Plug the branding iron into the outlet and let it warm up for approximately 20 minutes before use. Make a test mark on scrap material. Consider purchasing a temperature regulator below to more precisely control your branding iron if required. You will need to practice to learn how long to hold the dwell time. Let the heat and the weight of the branding iron do the work. 240 volts AC units are available by special order.
HEWCO FLAME HEATED
Our most economical branding iron. Flame heated branding irons with branding images up to 32 square inches come complete with an 18 inch long steel forged handle. Use an open flame such as a propane, butane or tiger torch or you may use an actual wood fire or by resting it on a BBQ rack. Be careful not to overheat your branding iron as damage to the brass head may result. Keep the flame moving back and forth across the head of the branding iron and do not leave the flame in one spot. Watch the colour of the branding head and when it starts to change, make a test brand on a scrap piece of material. If the mark is too light, heat longer. If the mark is too dark, let it cool down for a few seconds and make another test mark before attempting to brand the final product. Let the heat and the weight of the branding iron do the work.
HEWCO DRILL PRESS ELECTRIC
Hewitt’s can provide you with a drill press mountable electric branding iron unit for branding images up to 24 square inches to insert into your existing drill press to compliment your manufacturing or assembly line process. You will need a drill press with a ½ inch diameter chuck and a spindle to table clearance of at least 5 inches for our units to be used.
HEWCO PROPANE POWERED
If you are requiring a powerful, rugged and professional grade branding iron for branding on items in the field or back country away from any electrical power sources then this portable unit will do the job. This unit also offers the ability to quickly interchange branding heads when required. Comes with a 10′ (3m) long hose for connecting to your propane tank.
The perfect choice for IPPC pallet marking on Pallets and Crates. The United Nations through the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) created a voluntary global standard in March 2002 (ISPM 15). It applies only to wood-packaging materials (both coniferous and non-coniferous) made with solid wood when used in international trade. (not engineered wood products such as plywood, OSB or corrugated).
Custom industrial branding equipment and replacement branding heads in any size or configuration can be manufactured to your specifications.
If your branding application requires adjustable temperature control to better control the branding image repeatability on your products then we can supply you with a temperature regulator compatible with any of our electric units.
Some of our Customers Products marked with a Hewco Branding Iron